[Healeys] 100M on ebay

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:55:26 MST 2012

Listers,

Listing says it runs well so it has an engine.  Also I don't believe it's a
BN1.  My issues...

The front wing wheel openings look correct, the black paint line is much
higher than it should be which would indicate the larger BN2 style wheel
opening.  But that being said, I've seen plenty of BN2s that have used BN1
front wings since the BN2 version is harder to source.

Horrible looking leather bonnet strap, but easily replaced.

Chrome grill slats are a common mistake but fixable.  Six cylinder chrome
headlight rims.

My big issues are that both the batch/body tag and the engine tag have
appeared to have been re-stamped.  Why were they missing?  The engine tag I
can understand since if it's not removed before hot tanking, the tank
disintegrates.  And...  while the bonnet, body number is correct, I'd also
like to see the other six numbers, and do they match...  (boot, splash
apron, and four cockpit rails).

Cheers,

Curt