[Healeys] Evan's waterless coolant

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Dec 11 11:30:13 MST 2012

All I can find on the product is the usual marketing nonsense. I have
not been able to find any independent research that indicates its
positive influences.
It may reduce CO emissions, increase NOx emissions and make the engine a
bit more efficient as the operating temperature can be set higher. You
can fit The 10% fuel reduction is a laugh though. In my opinion a waste
of time and money.
Water mixed with anti freeze or water based coolant has a better heat
transfer than waterless coolant
If you fit a hotter thermostat and a 10lbs-15lbs radiator cap you can
have the same result. In all circumstances the radiator needs to be of
sufficient cooling capacity, also with waterless coolant (perhaps even
more so).
Older cars do often have less efficient radiators from new, worsened by
years of sludge and calcification, so the first step is to have your
cooling system clean and in good shape. Any other remedy for overheating
is absolutely pointless.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL