[Healeys] Moss Motors adjustable camber bushing set

" Just Brits " Shop shop at justbrits.com
Wed Dec 5 00:59:54 MST 2012

<< On 12/4/2012 6:02 PM, Tom Felts wrote:

1.  Why my front tires are wearing slightly on the outside edges?  65 BJ8 >>

Too much toe-IN, Tom.  Get*Her*  on a FLAT paved surface & via Steering Wheel make
sure tyres/wheels are "straight ahead".  Go out 15' -  20' (more if needed) and get down on yer belly and "sight" the tyres,  It might show up plain as the nose on yer face or it may not.  If not, instead at looking at front wheels alone, "sight" LF wheel with LR wheel & make mental note/image [if possible - LOL],  Roll over and "sight" LF tyre with LR.  What shows ??

Generally ONE (1) side will show up as 'turned in' a bit.
Guessing*She*  has Radial Tyres, could be between 1/2" & 3/4" combined.

<< 2.  How to remedy this? >>

Yep;  RTFM & Re-set tie-rod end(s) ! !    Oh WAIT, trying to be
'nicer' <G> ! !
NAH, LOL ! ! !

At this point get car up in air BUT supported on F & R suspensions.  I
use a set of four (4) wood blocks that I made up which are 6" x 6" w/
F & R 'chocks'.  Make SURE you get/have front wheels straight ahead.&
un-do tie-rod end locking nut(s).

Again guessing *Her* steering wheel is correct, I adopt the NASCAR
"string alignment tool/method".

AGAIN, RTFM <G> !   You can even set to 'Zero' degrees in/out as out
cars were designed for a number which gets wiped out by the radial
tyres we use/have today.

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com

PS:  Tom, if you have re-pro Bias Plies, USE the true numbers.
PPS:  In the future, plz do NOT "hi-jack" a Subject Thread as your
Question AND my
Reply will NOT show up on a search of the Archives <F> BECAUSE OF the
'change'!