[Healeys] Moss Motors adjustable camber bushing set

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Dec 4 17:15:18 MST 2012

Pretty normal IMO. No matter what camber setting you have, when you corner you'll have some body roll and the moments of inertia will shift to the outside of the turn. This causes the tire to roll towards the inside of the turn, and to put more weight and hence more wear on the outer part of the tire. The rear tires wear more on the outside, too, but not as much as the front.

More modern/better suspensions do a better job of keeping the tire/wheel orthogonal to the road through the suspension arc, but tires on most cars will generally wear more on the outside.

Remedy: never turn.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA