[Healeys] BN1 on eBay

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 10:46:13 MST 2012

Listers,

While at  first blush this car looks very nice, I too have some big issues
with this car.  Unless the color in the photos is way off, the car appears
to be painted in "Gunmetal Grey" however it's listed as Healey Grey which
is NOT grey, just Healey Blue in a non-metallic finish.  So in my opinion,
a completely incorrect color.  Plus if it were Gunmetal Grey, the interior
should be red, "Scarlet" to be specific, and not blue.

Plus everything that Mike Salter has already stated...

The bonnet appears to be a modern replacement aluminum one with the frame
lightened.  I believe the various vendors have, and may still be selling
these.

Chrome 48 spoke wire wheels are an accepted option in Concours for the
100s.  Yes I know of several early 100s delivered with them.

The fan is merely a modern nylon one substituted for the original aluminum
one (with rounded tips).

Coil is a period replacement Lucas Sport Coil, albeit from a few years
later (BN2) but still from a 100.

The copper fuel line manifold between the carbs should be dull zinc plated
and not polished copper.  Why do restorers still insist in doing this?

And I totally agree with this statement...

*"I don't want to appear to be overly picky but at the asking price of  ***#
*97,500 ($US156,000) I would expect the car to be correct!*"

Cheers,

Curt