[Healeys] A BIG HEALEY WEEK ON THE LIST

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at hotkey.net.au
Fri Aug 31 08:55:53 MDT 2012

 First, ten out of ten to Chris Dimmock for starting the thread of the
...................?  ( Fill in your own award,  week, the month or the
year? )
I love it when those old lurkers come out of the shed. ( Shop).
Maybe Chris should now add, how many times have you slept in your Healey
along the roadside for whatever reason.  What multi purposes was yours
used for?  I took 3 blokes and two girls in long dresses to a dance in
my first BN.4 with the hardtop on one night.
Another trip was with 80 year old grandmother on a 300 mile cross
country trip.

Second I have had two BN.4s which I would say were Peter's Delux models,
Australian delivered, fitted with wires, O/D and what the bloody hell is
a heater?  I thought it was those two long pipes under the passenger's
seat and all Healeys come with these standard!

Third, I thought with six cylinder cars diffs were either,  4.1: 1 for
O/D cars, 3.9 : 1 with no O/D  and the after market 3.5 : 1 from other cars.

What cars?  When I look at the overall Australian scene back when a
bunch of kids started the AH clubs we had os soon collected:  several
100.S cars nobody wanted, a Donald 100 coupe set of panels, a couple of
Silverstones, a rally UJB car, Pat's BN.3 and Duncan, Rob's
unbelieveable 1968-70 SR.37/XR.37 that still has not had the LeMans dust
and oil stains washed off.  My ex-works 1965 Sebring 12 Hour lightweight
race 3000 and the 1966-68 ex-works Sprite entered at Sebring and LeMans.
And what about Chris's BJ.8, ordered for a trip from UK to Australia via
the KHyber Pass, carrying the pregnant passenger, fitted with Webers in
Australia, club raced. Driven interstate to race with the kids strapped
in and a long life of use with Chris. Never off the road apart from
repairs and upgrades.
.

Amongst this set of 'kids' we now have; Joe Jarrick- 100.S historian and
expert, Steve Pike, worlds greatest number of 100.S restorer including
the in progress 1955 LeMans NOJ and about to depart to Bonnerville for
another run. Pat Quinn the Australiasian editor of Vintage RaceCar
Journal and  the great manufacturers of metal parts, the Kilmartins.

Healeys have been good to me