[Healeys] How Many Healeys?

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 11:12:36 MDT 2012

In my own case, I haveB owned or own include two 1962 3000 MkII BT7 Tricarbs
and a 1960 3000 MkI BN7.B B
The first Tricarb was bought in 1966 at the age of 21 while living in
Oakville.B  I was single and working at the British American Oil Company
refinery in Port Credit, Ontario.B  Needless to say, I had a fair bit of loose
change.B  The only time I had any trouble with the stock set-up was when I
tried to play with it.B  It only ran well again only after a professional,
Harry Woodford, got his hands on it.B  It was sold in 1968 to go back to
school.B B
My second tri-carb was purchased in 1984; and I still enjoy it today.B  The
first 8 years I averaged 1,800 miles per year, the next 9 years saw an average
of 4,400 miles per year, and in the last 10 years, Ibve only averaged about
50 miles [donbt ask].B  My total mileage is slightly under 54,600 miles in
28 years.B B  Anyway, the lesson from the first tri-carb was not to play with
it until you know what you are doing.B  As a result, I basically did what Rich
Chrysler outlined; kept the carbs clean and dashpots full.B  Other than that,
I have not touched them.B  Over the years, I had the carbs btunedb
twice.B  The first time was shortly after I got it in 1984 and the last time
was in 2000 just before I journeyed to Indianapolis for Conclave with Derek
Job and Rich Chrysler.B  And that second tune up was in fact done by
Rich.B B
My third Healey is a Barn Find that came across my path in 1996, a 1960 3000
MkI BN7.B  It was given to me and continues to sit in my garage awaiting a
full, ground up restoration.
And through all this, my wife, Barb, has enjoyed and encouraged my enthusiasm
for the Healeys.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--- On Wed, 8/29/12, Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com> wrote:<< I
honestly had no idea that so many of you men had owned Healeys so long.... Let
alone the same car for so long!!B  .....>>