[Healeys] ideas

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Wed Aug 29 10:11:16 MDT 2012

need some help.  my buddies' bj7 shakes around 50-60 mph. it is not a shake like an out of balance tire but more of a side to side, around and around type of shake.  tires have been balance at least 3 times, rotated 3 or 4 times.  in the last few days if have taken the tires off a healey that does not shake and put them on with no effect.  i changed the brake drums from another healey(no luck) then took the driveline from another healey and put it on.  still no luck.  there is a shake when it is on the jackstands, just not at radical.  i have exhausted my list of possibles, so was hoping one of you guys could help.  i thought about the dreaded "healey scuttle shake", but this does not seem to fit the conditions.   TIA  hjim