[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:22:54 MDT 2012

My Healey history includes nothing with the "human interest" of the
vasectomy reversal...

Bought my first Healey a Phase I BJ8 (HBJ8L 26036) in sight unseen at a New
Years party in 1974/5.
It was a terribly rusted car and I spent the next 2 years restoring every
inch of the car. At that time no one was restoring Healeys and many parts
were still available from the dealer. Unfortunately none were the ones I
needed!!
As a result of that I started my British Sports Car business in 1979. This
business included the purchase and sale of many many Healeys of all types.

Sold 26036 in 1984 to buy my 100S (AHS3903) from Bill Wood.
It was worse than 26036 with many many missing parts.
Sourced and made parts for 5 years then restored the car in time for the
Healey Challenge series in 1990.

Raced 3903 for a couple of years then went back to racing my 1961 Bugeye
(much more fun).

Prepared and entered 3903 in the first Targa Newfoundland in 2002 where we
crashed badly.
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=4

Sold the business in 2003 but have now got the inventory back after the new
owner couldn't make a go of it.

Regretfully sold the "S" in 2009 to pay for our new cottage where we now
live!!

In 2006 I purchased a very early 100 (#174) which I'm currently restoring
sourcing many parts from the huge collection left over from the business.
Hope to have it finished in time for Conclave 2013 in Quebec so I better
get back to work on it.

--
Michael Salter

                         *I have BJ8 water pump kits!!*