[Healeys] Help- Austin healey BT7?

A-Jay Jaya ashantha_j at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:49:28 MDT 2012

Dear all,
I have recently purchased a 1962 Austin Healey 3000 Mk ll BT7- four seater.
The car is not running but it is approximately 99% complete most of the other
parts in boxes etc. The body and the frame seem to be in pretty decent
condition came with the hard and soft top. Paid a pretty fair price as well
and the car has been sitting for inside the barn for 30 odd years. The car
looks original to me, the only concern that I am having is that the V.I.N /
registration number says B8915561 when it is supposed to say HBT7L-15561. The
ownership of the car states it is in fact a 1962 Austin Healey 3000. The chap
I baught the vehicle says that in those days the vin numbers were not
adequately put in and some errors tend to rise. The MTO ministry in Toronto
says that the VIN number on the ownership can be changed with an avidavit and
a letter from a registered appraiser. The car is missing the engine plate as
well as the ID plate found on the fire wall. Any idea I would go about this it
is a side shift rather than a centre shift. Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers, Ajay