[Healeys] Angle drive washer

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 16:03:43 MDT 2012

We recently experienced a similar issue. First, I do not think the lack of a
copper washer would cause the problem you describe, but it could cause other
issues!
We found that the after market angle drive was defective. The square cross
section female receiver in the angle drive was much larger than the square
male end on the cable. Under certain conditions the cable would turn when the
transmission was engaged, but if the speedometer end of the cable was held
between our fingers it would stop turning. I am not sure that this is a
problem with all after market angle drives or only certain suppliers. Ours
came from Victoria British & we advised them of the problem.
Gary Hodson