[Healeys] Fuel boiling in 100

healey.nut at gmail.com healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:12:37 MDT 2012

Hi Peter -

On the A90 Atlantic (exact same motor) it uses a mechanical pump which has the misfortune of being located near the exhaust manifold.  Whilst this was fine for cold clammy England, in Australia where most A90s were sold, the fuel line next to the manifold caused immense vapor lock problems in any sort of warm weather.  Australian owners came up with a very novel and easy fix - they simply tied a square length of wooden dowel about a foot long onto the fuel line and the wood acted as a heat sink for the metal line, solving the vapor lock...

Congrats you figured it out!

Alan
Sent from my BlackBerry. smartphone
www.blackberry.com