[Healeys] Radiator Cap

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Aug 21 00:49:24 MDT 2012

Forgot to mention that if you use an overflow reservoir, you have to fit
a thin rubber washer (cut yourself from a fairly hard rubber sheet)
between cap and neck to insure a really airtight seal. The brass or
stainless "seal" from the cap is not sealing properly.
If the seal is not airtight the coolant that is expelled into the
overflow reservoir will not be sucked back into the radiator when the
engine is cooling down. When an overflow system is in operation fill the
radiator to the brim and the reservoir half way up. You will have to add
some coolant regularly in the beginning as trapped air in the engine and
cooling system will be expelled when the engine heats up.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl