[Healeys] over heat + misfire

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:03:35 MDT 2012

Sam -

Your first thing is to make sure that your radiator has been rodded
recently.... BN1s should run cool... they have an adequate cooling
system.

If that doesn't fix it, you can place some insulation material around
the float bowls of the carbs which will prevent them from
overheating.... the heat barrier on the 100s is insufficient for hot
days and sitting at idle.  This causes boiling in the float bowls and
effectively a form of vapor lock.  To permanently solve this problem,
Jet Hot coat your exhaust headers and heat deflection plate, this
works VERY well to solve this problem.

Also wrap some exhaust header tape around the exhaust pipe under the
fuel pump in the back, this can help reduce vapor lock.

Alan

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM, sdesalvo at frontiernet.net