[Healeys] DM6A disty query

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Mon Aug 20 10:56:01 MDT 2012

I don't know the availability of the bushings.  They were not available for
my Spit many years ago and I had a machine shop manufacture one.  They
didn't use the correct material and it lasted about halfway between Texas
and Indiana.  Not fun replacing the dist while traveling.  Luckily it was in
the day when there were british car junkyards in most every town so it was
easy to find a $5 replacement dist and was back on the road.  The bushing
has to be soaked in oil for a number of hours before installing too.
Pete