[Healeys] Insurance

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Sat Aug 18 16:16:52 MDT 2012

I'm also sending this to a friend who is a State Farm agent.

I know that on the list, we have gone over antique car insurance many
times in the past, but this is a new twist.

I have some friends shipping an MGB over from the UK to do the Route 66
'tour'.  They are shipping it into Baltimore and staying for a week with
friends in PA, then setting out for Chicago to trace what is left of
Route 66.  This basically means they are driving across the country and
back, I guess.  I don't know if anyone would care that it is right hand
drive.

They haven't yet found anyone to insure the MG for this trip, and asked
for my help.  Their company in England apparently will not do it and
isn't very helpful.  I gave then some suggestions, AAA, and the antique
car insurers like Hagerty, American Collectors, and others.

I know there are some on this list who have shipped their car to the UK
to drive around over there, and others who were part of the Aussie
invasion in 2005 that came here to race their Healeys, but don't recall
anyone mentioning bringing a car from the UK to drive over here in the USA.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie