[Healeys] Starter gear lube

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Aug 17 04:05:06 MDT 2012

There should be absolutely no lubrication of the ring gear and starter
gear. The shaft the starter gear is sliding on should only be dry
lubricated with graphite powder that should be rubbed on the shaft using
a bit of chamois leather. Grease and oil only attract dirt which will
jam the starter gear eventually.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl