[Healeys] BN7 Windshield materials?

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 15:38:44 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm replacing the
windshield in my MkII BN7.B  Stress crack occurred 21
years since the last replacement.

Has anyone replaced their Windshield
recently.B  If so I'm looking for
suggestions on where to purchase quality
materials to complete the job.

The existing corner brackets are unusable due
to excessive rust.B  I have a
set of corner brackets that I purchased from
Moss Motors some ten years
ago.B  I tried a test installation of the brackets
and found that they
aren't bent properly to line up the lower corners.B  There
is a gap between
the end frames and bottom frame.B  The tapped holes are not
in line with
the center line of the brackets. I tried re-bending one of them
but only
succeeded in making things worse.B  Now I need to order a new set.B
Does anyone have a suggestion as to a supplier that has a quality set of
brackets.B
I also need all the other necessary materials to complete the
assembly.B
Glazing seal, Filler Strip & Windshield. I have two rolls of
glazing seals
that I purchased from Moss with the brackets.B  The part number
of the
glazing seal is for an MGA windshield.B  Moss currently sells Glazing
seal
with a new part number and a description as follows.

B B  Note:B
Windscreen glazing rubber that was previously available to Healey owners was
far too thick,B  creating installation problems.B  Our new glazing
rubber seal
which is the correct thickness and features tapered edges us made
from special
type rubber that will mould to the shape required unlike previously
available
products.

Ibm
assuming that Moss previously was selling the same Glazing
Seal for both the
Healey and the MGA installations.
B In short Ibm looking
for
guidance as to where to purchase the materials that are of better quality
then
what I have purchased previously from Moss.

Ron Mitchell
BN7 MkII
BN6