[Healeys] Thanks for pushrod advise

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 01:58:32 MDT 2012

I've pretty much bitten my tongue until now, but rocker suspension geometry is
absolutely critical to the longevity of an engine.
If you have no idea of what you are doing, then that rule applies here....
You skim a 100 block, and skim the head - then you get tubular pushrods made
to the correct length to ensure your rocker gear is efficient.
Geometry 101 says a rocker SHOULD move up and down from its centre point, in
equal distances.
That's the MOST efficient rocker.
Don't adhere to that rule? You induce side loads. And worse shit can also
happen. It's common sense.
My Dinners ready, so start here.....
http://www.performanceboats.com/dyno/44768-patriot-320-followup-rocker-geomet
ry-101-a.html
Ed, I'd do the short URL thing, but I'm hungry!!!
;-)
Chris
Sent from my iPhone