[Healeys] Thanks for pushrod advise

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 20:24:09 MDT 2012

Ira
Doubt that two head gaskets will work although I suspect it has been tried.
What may work is a solid copper plate that is thicker than the original head
gasket. I have a friend in Hawaii that built a 100 engine with a lot of Dennis
Welsh bits. The block was decked and bored a bunch, aluminum head, billet
crank, special rods and pistons, etc. Impressive power but the engine did not
like to stop running, even with the key off. After a lot of discussion and
head scratching it was determined that the compression was far too high. A
custom copper plate was fashioned and used instead of the head gasket. Solved
the run on immediately.  I think the pedestal shims would be a better solution
for the pushrod issue.
Aloha
Perry