[Healeys] More Transmission/overdrive questions

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 09:07:57 MDT 2012

Good point on the electrics.  In my experience electrical problems tend to be more erratic; if the switch is flaky the
O/D will work OK some times and erratic at others, if the relay is borderline the O/D will drop out randomly.

Also, I'd like to change my recommendation on sealant.  In this kind of app I've had good results with Permatex 'Right
Stuff;' it claims to be used by OEMs in lieu of gaskets and sounds similar to the Yamaha product.  I've used it w/o
gaskets on differential covers with no leaking at all.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net