[Healeys] Tubeless wire wheel conundrum

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 7 14:19:49 MDT 2012

I have tubeless Dayton wire wheels. Inside the rim is a warning to
not use tubes because they could stick, crease and then fail.

I also have new tires that are not manufactured to tubeless
standards. They lack a small ridge on the bead that is present on
tubeless tires.

It is my understanding that a tube type tire can suddenly deflate if
run without tubes Is anyone actually running tube type tires without
tubes with out problems?

Conversely tubes can suddenly fail if used on tubeless wire wheel
rims. Has anyone encountered this type of failure?

I am puzzled as to which bad option is the best to choose.

John Spaur
San Jose, CA