[Healeys] 100S disk brakes

Freese, Ken Ken.Freese at Aerojet.com
Tue Aug 7 13:26:08 MDT 2012

Edward,
To get a real appreciation of the years, yes years, of development work that
went into the Dunlop disc brakes, one should read Norman Dewis's biography.
Norman was the Jaguar test and development driver. I don't think that they
were put on a Jag production car until the XK-150.
On the 100S Dunlops, I could adjust the rears for good parking brake action or
no running friction, but not both. I settled for marginal parking brake
action.
Ken Freese
Ex 100S 3706

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of EDWARD ANDERSON
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:04 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100S disk brakes

Diring all the probs putting disks on rear of my AH, I googled 4 wheel disk
brakes and high on the list was the story about the 100S being the worlds
first 4 wheel disk brake car. As smart as Donald H was I wonder why he would
revert to all drums or combos afterwards Any idea why anyone?
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net