[Healeys] OD troubleshooting , excellent website

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 15:34:34 MDT 2012

That's a useful site and I've saved it to my Favorites.  Thanks, Jerry.
Apparently Triumphs do not have a throttle switch.  Remember, because of the
throttle switch (if it's working properly), during the test for solenoid
operation in accordance with the website when you turn off the O/D switch
the solenoid won't release and you won't hear the "click, clack, or clunk".
You have to step on the accelerator pedal to make it release.  My BJ8 has an
overdrive warning light that makes the "latch and release" function pretty
evident.  I've found it to be a useful troubleshooting tool.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA