[Healeys] Engine Temperature Info ??

AAHealeyguy at aol.com AAHealeyguy at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 12:10:38 MDT 2012

My Healey is a very early 1957 100-6 BN4 with a 161 CID (2,639cc) 6cyl head
engine, manufactured in Longbridge.  I am in pursuit of engine temperature
information.  What is the acceptable  high temperature for this engine.
After only a few miles my engine climbs to 190 degrees and tends to stay around
there or drops down a little.   It might help to know that I have removed
the thermostat several months ago  (I live in southern CA).  I have a 2 blade
"X" fan.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Gerry K.
1957 100-6 BN4