[Healeys] Accu Spark kit

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Thu Apr 26 02:44:42 MDT 2012

Hi Guys, has anyone had experience with the Accu Spark distributor
conversion for pointless operation on a BT7? I bought a kit out of
curiosity, which was quite cheep and found that the firing ring that
fits over the distributor cam, is quite a loose fit and can rotate a
little on the cam, so I can't see how it could maintain regular timing.
Has anyone successfully used this kit? The concept looked good as there
are basically no modifications or extra wiring, and the sender unit fits
well on the points plate.
Cheers
Larry