[Healeys] Chasing Electrical Short

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:37:52 MDT 2012

I have just refinished the wooden dash panel on my BJ8 and put everything
back together again. According to the wiring diagram and the pics I took as
I went along, everything is hooked up as before. Now I have a dead short
somewhere and I can't find it. A few years back I added an inline fuse
between the starter solenoid and the regulator (now just a buss since neg
ground conversion.) Car was doing fine before project. Now the fuse blows
when I turn the battery switch on. Not that it is revalent but hte fuse is
a Buss 35A. Had my wife look as I turned the batt switch and she saw a
flash in the fuse holder when I turned the switch. Sounds to me like a hot
wire is going to ground, but I don't see it. Anyone have any ideas of what
to do next? Is there a way to chase it with an ohmmeter?

Bob Johnson
BJ8