[Healeys] Spitting again

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Apr 22 06:32:18 MDT 2012

Thought I had discovered why my BJ8 was missing.  I had found a stuck pin in the dist cap and grease on the rotor contact, so cleaned everything up and miss stopped------for a while--then a little more missing.  Replaced the dist cap and all wires, rotor---ran great for a while then missing.  Now missing pretty bad.

So far:
I have replaced the rotor--no change
Replaced the dist cap--NC
replaced the wires--NC
Replaced the end caps on the wires---NC
Replaced the coil---NC (Lucus Sport)

Havent replaced the Pertronix (10 + years) since, as I understand it, when they go it is all of a sudden and you get no spark.

Anyone have any ideas as to what to persue next------I hear the FP pumping so assume there is sufficient fuel to the carbs.

Also---I have checked the float bowls and they have fuel in them and are not stuck.

Thanks
tom