[Healeys] VSCC Season Opener at Silverstone - Photos

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:30:25 MDT 2012

Hi all,

 I went to the above event at Silverstone Unfortunately I couldn't stay for
the racing but I spent a couple of hours in the paddock. There were some
amazing cars, including a 24 litre aero engined Napier Bentley, Frazer Nash
'Chain Gang', Bobtail Cooper (ex Moss and Hill), Lotus GP car with
diagnally mounted engine(never seen that before), Cooper Bristol, etc etc.

The red Healey in the photos is race prepared by Paul Woolmer (Historic
Registrar of the AHC) and the guy who restored 00N 440. He also looks after
several 100Ss and Works Rally Cars including the final works rally car that
Timo Makinen was to drive in the RAC rally that was cancelled. It has an
aluminium engine.

You can see the cars here

http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj530/derekcjob/VSCC/

Derek