[Healeys] Starter, Generator Repairs

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:46:32 MDT 2012

Peter & Veronica are spot on in their advice to look up a local auto
electric shop.

I once had an official "restorer of cars" quote $250. to rebuild a starter
for my BT7. The advice to go to an automobile electric shop is great. In
our area the one I know is Morton Grove Auto Electric which had two stores,
but only the Arlington Heights store is still open. That is in Illinois. To
them my ancient generator was just another job, and it cost me around $83
dollars to have it rebuilt and painted the correct color.

When I looked at the website I didn't see their Morton Grove location so I
call the contact number. I was told that the Morton Grove location was shut
13 years ago The means their repairs, and I also had more than one unit
rebuilt, have lasted over 13 years without failing. Obviously my $83.00
price is no longer valid.

I say this as a happy customer with no interest in them.

>From their website: We also rebuild units for owners of antique cars who
want to keep their vehicles in original condition, and for hot-rod owners
who appreciate the beauty of chromed parts.

Their web site is .cyrusnet.com/mg/. <http://cyrusnet.com/mg/>

Check around, you may have someone similar in your area.

Jack