[Healeys] BT7 update

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Thu Apr 19 01:33:07 MDT 2012

Hi John, I'll take you up on that, just make sure you include the body
number plates :) And Bob with a number like that ( I especially like the
X at the end ) were talking a new all time record Healey auction price!
Move over NOJ.
It does raise an interesting point, I bought this car for $2500.00 and
it was basically complete. I could have spent $20,000.00 for a car and
ended up throwing half of what I paid for in the bin anyway. At the
$20,000.00 level I will have the remains and a brand new Kilmartin frame
with the extra stiffening web in the centre of the rails, fitted with
new bulkheads. If you have to replace the bottom quater of a mudguard,
does it cost any more to replace the bottom half? Do I want a chassis in
my car that is 50 years old that rusts from the inside out? What use is
the old trim when your restoring a car? Is a half worn out engine less
expensive to rebuild than a totally seized engine? One the down side on
this car is the level of corrosion on mechanical components, I'll post
some images soon, but it's quite amazing. Thankfully most of them are
easy to get and not expensive.
Anyway, it's all good fun
Cheers
Larry