[Healeys] Cars Wanted dealers

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 10:48:48 MDT 2012

In a message dated 4/17/12 9:43:18 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Understatement of the year goes to: "Needs complete restoration."
> Gullwing
> seems to have a knack for finding knackered cars.  I know they sent out a
> general mailing to AH club members a few years ago looking for cars so
> he's
> apparently works hard in keeping up stock.  I'm kind of surprised there's
> still that many unrestored cars still out there.
>
> Rick

You have to understand how their business works. They're out there hunting
continuously for cars that they can buy cheap, clean up quickly, do minimum
necessary to get them to start and run, then sell as if they were freshly
restored. They have to play the percentages, and occasionally they get one
that isn't even that good. So at that point they cut their losses and sell it
on as "needs restoration" because no one can get upset with them for that
none-claim. But generally, if a used car dealer (what these guys really are)
says that car isn't ready for prime time, it's because it really is a horribly
bad example that at least rolls enough to pull or be pushed on to a trailer
for shipment.

G.