[Healeys] Distributors - 67 BJ8

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:25:42 MDT 2012

Tom,
Not an easy question to answer, but someone may know.
All i can tell you  is on your Lucas vacuum advance, it has 3 numbers
e.g.  5 - 12 - 8
That indicates that the vacuum advance will start to operate when vacuum is
enough to raise mercury 5 inches, will stop when mercury has been raised 12
inches, and will have advanced the ignition by 8 degrees.
I don't have a vacuum advance so I've never attempted to test one (other than
the old "suck the end and see if it moves" test for a split diaphragm)
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone