[Healeys] Squeak at speed? - BRAKE PADS

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:14:40 MDT 2012

Your caliper is Wallaby Ted?
That's Australian. Wallaby Ted is Roo Ted's brother.
The caliper is close to Roo Ted, relatively, so on one side, the piston isn't
moving out cleanly. Or retracting fully.
Rebuild the caliper. Rebuild both.
If you don't do both, Ed will heap Kangaroo Doo on me. Something about  if one
is Wallaby Ted's bro, then both are Roo Ted.
But first find a quiet car park, and try a few serious emergency brake slam
ons.
Brake like a Kangaroo just jumped in front of you....
Lock everything up - 8 or 10 times.
But not on a public road!
Sometimes movement, heat and use, fix brakes. Worth a try...

Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone