[Healeys] 48 spoke wheels. Early BN1

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Apr 10 11:54:25 MDT 2012

Gentlemen,

For what it's worth I have 2 full sets of these early wheels actually in
pretty good condition, never rusty.
A local owner sent a set of 5 very good ones (off the famous Gunmetal grey
Hundred) to Dayton Wheel about 4 years ago and they accepted the job of
totally rebuilding them. He eventually go them back in excellent rebuilt
condition but unfortunately with Dayton's usual "too dark" a silver grey
colour. In addition they notified him they would not accept any more for
rebuilding.
Too bad, in the light of the fact that the first 5000 cars all came with
those wheels. They didn't go away from them until about the time they went
to the unified matching numbers in mid August of '54.

Rich