[Healeys] Lucas headlights

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Apr 6 03:39:53 MDT 2012

Basically there is only one flaw in the Lucas electrics: the bullet
connectors. Very prone to corrosion as they are made from two different
metal alloys thus electrolytic corrosion. The other electrical problems
are mainly caused by the fitting of the wiring looms in the car by the
manufacturers. Just have a look under the dash or around the
headlamps/indicators, just one mess of wires and (double) bullet
connectors running everywhere. And there are other areas as we all know.
A bit of rearranging and tidying up will improve matters no end. Also
spraying the bullet connectors with a rust proofing wax or better the
special grease for electrics helps.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL