[Healeys] Lucas headlights

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:58:42 MDT 2012

Rivaling that was the MG do-it-all switch on the later MG (turn signal, horn,
high beams)
That switch had a life expecetency measured in minutes.
How bad we're they?
-When I ran a parts house in the early 80 I got daily stock orders and I still
kept 3 on the shelf
-I had a couple of customers (shops) that would call and ask for a use it once
and throw it away switch.
-it got to be a joke with one guy, he would walk in, I would go back to the
shelf grab one, place it on the counter and ask what else he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2012, at 15:48, Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although you have to admit that Lucas using a printed circuit board as the
> rotating contact surface for the instrument light rheostat switch on the
> rubber bumper MGBs probably was the world's all time zenith of engineered
> planned obsolescence.
>
> That switch was good for maybe 10 adjustments before we were back to warm
> beer.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 6, 2012, at 4:59 AM, Per Schoerner <healeyguy at bredband.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, I think it's rather fun, all these statements about our friend
Lucas,