[Healeys] Lucas headlights

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Thu Apr 5 06:22:48 MDT 2012

Headlamp relays are not that modern, it's not a good idea to use fused
standard relays on headlamp circuits, as you risk the possible loss of
headlamps at the worst possible moment. Many old cars didn't use fuses
on headlamp circuits for this reason. The problem isn't the relay, it's
the fuse. So if people want to use a relay on a headlamp circuit, a
proper headlamp relay should be used that has the bi metal overload so
there is no total loss of headlamps in the case of a short circuit.
Cheers
Larry Varley