[Healeys] Healey History Mystery

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 22:45:38 MDT 2011

I was reading the latest issue of Road and Track (November), in the letters
section a Mr. Andrew Wortman of Santa Monica California, USA, tells the story
of how he met Phil Hill at Monza in 1959:  "..Where I paid to test my specual
Austin Healey...the car was an unexpected new model that could not be
delivered and I was given a very fast version specially prepared for the
press"

Anybody know or have an educated or wild ass guess of the car in question or
any other circumstances surrounding this interesting little tidbit?

Greg Lemon