[Healeys] What's in your boot?

Chris Dimmock [Healey] austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 02:02:39 MDT 2011

I always carry a 6in wide x 4in high x 3 ft long piece of timber in my boot
- cut at an angle like a ramp.
So about 2 ft of the length is tapered from 0ins high to 4 ins - then there
is a flat 12 in section 4ins off the ground.
Then I've attached a piece of old carpet about 4 ft long to the underside of
the 'ramp' - with about 18ins of the carpet sticking out - leading up to the
tapered section.
So when I need to get over speed humps, put a trolley jack under my car, I
can use this...
You put the carpet edge in front of the tyre, drive onto the carpet (the
weight of the car then stops the ramp moving forward as you drive on) and
then you have one wheel 4 ins higher...
I actually have 4 of these - which I use to put the car up 4 ins in the air
when I want to lift the whole car with trolley jacks & axle stands - but I
have one in my boot.
Thats what's in my boot. No point in having a spare if you can't get a jack
under it....
:-)
Chris