[Healeys] squeaky brakes

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 18:11:22 MDT 2011

Kenny
Brake squeal is usually caused by pad vibration and that can be caused by a
bunch of things. You mentioned that you replaced the pads and rotors.  Are the
rotor bolts tight and are the rotors running true? Did you rebuild the
calipers and are the mounting bolts tight? The anti-squeal shims or compound
on the pads can help but a caliper piston that is hanging up due to corrosion
will cause brake squeal too.
Aloha
Perry