[Healeys] BJ7 Cam

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 04:02:06 MDT 2011

Yes, that's what I did.
My previous reference to the grille was confusing at best, wrong as it read
on paper. Having recently suffered the joys of replacing the oval grille
surround I was thinking of that wretched thing. In fact, once the radiator
is out the vertical grille portion comes out reasonably(!?) easily. The
whole camshaft job is slow and fairly protracted but nothing too complex.
I'd not done it before so I took my BMC manual and went through the various
sections and listed the relevant paragraphs in numerical order, simply
progressing from section to section/job to job until it was out and thence
replaced. (No chance of a regrind in my case!)
Simon