[Healeys] Cylinder Head Question

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 15:19:31 MDT 2011

I was having a similar conversation with Chris Dimmock offline, wondering if
a longer reach plug was an option, he said when he machined the head it was
already off and being modified and he couldn't find an appropriate plug
anyway.

Not to say there might not be one for those who don't have or plan to have
their head off in the near future and want to try it.

Heck if you found the right plug you could swap out and do some empirical
tests would think if the plug in the chamber makes it more effiecient maybe
and MPG test would be in order with standaard and long reach plugs..

Found a website that lets you search plugs by spec, but didn't go through
the effort of actually trying to find an approperiate plug.
http://www.sparkplugs.com/search_char.asp   Looks like a handy site for
tuners in any event, as the parts stores seem to only be able to find plugs
by "what's it for?" and plugging year make and model into the computer these
days.

Of course you would not want to go too long and have anything striking
anything as the motor goes round and round...

Greg Lemon