[Healeys] Crazy crazy California - S. Carolina DMVs

Chris Moog cgmoog at optonline.net
Tue Sep 20 16:15:05 MDT 2011

While I would agree, twice in the last 20 years I have had my license
suspended for a parking ticket issued in Garden City Long Island (I live
in NYS but not near LI).  In neither case had I been on Long Island
during the year that the tickets were issued.  In both cases I had to
write asking for the ticket.  In neither case did the description of the
vehicle match mine (though the plate number did).  I each case, even
though the DMV records (which the town had to look up to get my mailing
address) showed a vehicle mis-match, I had to send copies of my
registration showing my plate number and a different vehicle description
and ask that the ticket be dismissed.  The whole time this mail-go-round
was going on my drivers license was officially suspended.

Luckily at the time the police did not have the auto plate readers now
in use, so I just had to drive carefully, not speed and avoid parking
anywhere I might get a ticket.