[Healeys] Crazy crazy California - S. Carolina DMVs

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:30:26 MDT 2011

*Sorry... I don't have much sympathy for the "victims" in this thread.   You
receive a ticket; pay it or go to court and get it reversed.

*The ticket is not always justified. In the Chicago area the village of
Bellwood has a red light camera scam, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

One day the mail contained a red light violation from Bellwood for my wife.
It was a pay up with* no court date* for protest. She didn't know how it
happened since she is one of those gray haired old ladies that are so
cautions they drive other drivers to distraction. We paid.

Recently, on the same corner, I found out how they did it. I arrived at the
intersection with a green light showing. The light was green when the front
bumper of the car entered the intersection. When the hood (it is a Chevy),
was 2/3rds into the intersection the light turned yellow. Before the entire
hood was in the intersection the light turned red. The yellow was on for
about 2 seconds. I am awaiting the ticket and will probably have to go to
the court house to see if I can get a date to protest. These tickets used
add a penalty if you protested them, but that was stopped.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop these folks? Any Chicago based
lawyers on the list?

Jack