[Healeys] cylinder head questions

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:17:33 MDT 2011

gary -

there are two main versions of the head that i am aware of, the earlier
version which does not have a side gallery next to the thermostat and the
head that does.  i think the only purpose of that side gallery was to
provide a mounting spot for the otter switch for the auxiliary enrichment
device they put on some bt7s.  dw probably uses the earlier head because it
gives more clearance for the temp gauge bulb.

alan

On Saturday, September 17, 2011,  <warthodson at aol.com> wrote:
> A friend purchased a Healey 6 cylinder head at a swap meet recently. It
has
> AEC721 cast into it. My BJ8 head has AEC960 cast into it. Interestingly,
the
> Denis Welch aluminum cylinder head has AEC721 cast into it. How many
different
> 6 cylinder heads were fitted to the big Healeys & what were the
differences
> between them?  Is there any reason you know for Denis Welch using the
AEC721