[Healeys] Moss recall

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:52:49 MDT 2011

Moss did a good thing, no question. I'm just curious what event drove them to
make the decision to recall. Did something happen at "normal driving pressure
and temperature" that led to the dissecting of the master cylinder? I
purchased a master cylinder on Ebay earlier this year and I'm not sure who
made it. It did not say "Lucas"  or "Classic Gold" as some have mentioned. I
would like to be able to identify the part before I install it. Since I don't
race or ride the brakes I will not experience the heat and pressure mentioned.
If they had one that failed under normal use that triggered this event, then I
will be concerned.
Richard Kahn