[Healeys] Moss Brake master Cylinder recall

Thomas J. Morrione tjmorrio at colby.edu
Thu Sep 15 14:56:10 MDT 2011

Chris  I'm echoing your sentiment. I'm restoring my 1964 BJ8 and just sent
back the "Gold" master cylinder that I received from Moss a couple of months
ago. They sent me an e-mail recall notice as well as a posted letter. The
replacement master cylinder came with "Lucas" in raised letters on the side
and and I'm pleased that they credited me with 75 dollars for labor and 25
dollars for postage. The "Lucas" cylinder has a small sticker on it that
says "Taiwan." Welcome to the global world.

I have more respect for Moss in that they owned up to the situation quickly
and dealt with it effectively  at least in my case, this time.

Tom