[Healeys] Headlamp Bucket Insallation

W.D. Nelson nelson_wd at msn.com
Thu Sep 15 09:34:49 MDT 2011

I am installing my headlamp buckets on my 59" 3000.  The buckets have three
brass colored receptacle with threads inside for the lamp adjusting screws and
threads outside (which I assume are for nuts to attach from the back side of
the fender to hold the bucket in place.  My issue is how are the rubber seals
installed.  it appears they go between the bucket and the outside of the
fender, however the seals have nodules into which the brass colored fittings
are inserted.  With the fitting inserted into the rubber nodule, then how do
you attach a nut to the outside threads.  Do I razor blade off the rubber
nodule (I did not use "tit" to describe that portion of the seal for gender
respect), put on the nut and then slip on the nodule over the brass fitting.
Thanks for any guidance.  bill