[Healeys] Numbers, numbers

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 13:14:32 MDT 2011

In a message dated 9/12/11 11:35:50 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> No, neither number should match the car number. The first 4 digit number
> is
> the batch number from the body maker and the second number is the body
> number
> of your car.the second number will appear along with the car and engine
> numbers on the heritage certificate.

The funny thing is that the body number and the car number may be just
close enough to one another to be confusing. I just redid a concours certificate
today for a car with car number suffix 16460 and body number suffix 16486.
Had me going for awhile since the fellow had filled in his judging sheet
with just the suffix of the car number, rather than with the H and the body
style code.

G.